grateful

It is easy in the late evening to not pause and think about the day and all it held for me.  Even a day like today... a Wednesday... was wonderful.  Lucas allowed me to sleep in.  Of course, I had to carry him back to the bed with me and we napped in a bit until the two old dogs wouldn't have another minute of not going outside.  Lucas had a big appetite today, something that is not necessarily normal.  He's not a big eater and of the babies I'm around, he's weighing less.  He's not skinny; he's not necessarily picky.  I'm hoping it's just a phase.  The morning passed in a blur.  I had a conference call I had to get on at 9am.  Lucas just tottered around the living room grinning up at me from time to time.  He's such the little comedian.  At 12:30pm we left for our Wednesday playdate where we meet up with friends with babies in common.  It's fun.  It's nice that we talk about things other than babies, too!  I had a nice glass of wine, a strong cup of coffee, and much needed conversation.  I think I unload a lot.  We took the long drive home down Granny White Pike and through Brentwood and circling Franklin twice through downtown.  Lucas was getting his nap in the car, his favorite place to sleep lately.  My wonderful parents came over.  We enjoyed the evening.

And now the day is done.  I'm grateful for the simple things today.  I'm thankful for health, family, and love.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)