11 months old!


Time flies when you are having fun, no doubt about it. Lucas turned 11 months old today. He has six teeth already, cruises around and crawls everywhere. He loves his exersaucer, you know the one that many books tout as very dangerous and babies have "died" in them! Yeah, they sure have... something about a rolling object and stairs just doesn't go together. You'd think sometimes that people would have common sense, but unfortunately they don't. Case in point, look at how everyone is trying to blame someone for the economic crisis. My number one group to blame is the American consumer. Ugh, don't get me started. It's like if I went to the bank and they approved me for a million dollar loan for a home. Some people like the idea of government helping those with no common sense. I used to think that government didn't need to be so big... but geeze... maybe I assume people are smarter than they actually are.

Anyway, I digress. Lucas is a joy. Some of the things he does is make noises like a sqwack when he's happy. He smiles a lot, but he's not a big eater. You almost have to feed him little things all the time. He's just not interested in food. That in itself is NOTHING like his mother. I loved, love, and will love food as long as there is breath in my body. Thus the reason I am on weight watchers. LOL

Lucas loves bathtime. He's not fond of naps. He doesn't care for the bottle or sippy cup. I'm sort of sketchy on how to wean this little man. LOL It's a problem I didn't think I'd have back almost a year ago! Funny how one problem can morph into another.


Lucas loves to terrorize the dogs. Pate, who is extremely arthritic and on his last leg, is his favorite. It's sad on one end and funny on another. Theo, at the ripe old age of 17, seems to tolerate the abuse better than the rest. Pate has been snappy, so I have to watch them closer. Jake runs off. At 5 lbs, Jake is swift and slick at avoiding baby man.

I'd say Lucas weighs about 20 lbs maybe. He's in the bottom of the curve on weight and probably close to middle bottom in height. They never adjust for the 36 week delivery, so I always think in my mind that he's alright if he'd been born May 1st. I do hope he eats better in the future.

He's also stood without assistance. I'm the mother that doesn't want him to learn things so fast as opposed to mothers that show off what theirs can do. If I could go back and relive the past year, I would in a heartbeat. I would do it a bit different though.

I would try to enjoy it even more than I did. That's what #2 is for, right?

1 thoughts:

Courtney and Jason G. said...

your pics are so great! You have become quite good behind the lens. kudos. Glad to find your blog. So great!