a day in the park...

It's getting so much fun to get out with Lucas and enjoy days like this... days where we can go to the park and celebrate the first birthday of a friend. Of course, I brought the camera this time. We went to another birthday party a week or so ago for Marley, and I didn't bring the camera. It seems impossible to hold a baby AND a camera, so luckily Jeff went with me this time! I love this picture of Lucas sitting on the playground watching the bigger kids run and play. I wonder if he imagines himself doing the same very soon! We're in that stage between baby and toddler... the transition that is sentimental for me. It's gone by way too quickly though I love that he communicates and mimics me more. His personality is fairly laid back which I love.

He's turning into a blondie which I suspected though his eyes are still as blue as they were before. I thought he'd be a green-eyed boy like his mom and dad, but so far he's a blue eyed boy like his Uncle Bill (who he still hasn't met) and his grandfather on his dad's side. (He hasn't met him either). Ironic, huh? It's a reminder that genetics are not predictable though you would think green plus green equals green.





Here is Lucas enjoying some ice cream. He kept refusing to try it until just a tiny bit hit his mouth, then it was the opposite reaction. I want more!





You can't ever predict how these little ones will react. Evangeline just wasn't very fond of her birthday hat. Lucas wasn't either. I love the expression of the little girl watching her. Such a moment. Daddy comforting her, everyone watching her... she's grown up so much in the past year!



Another friend, Genevieve, and her daughter Evangeline. Look at the cute bow in her hair!



Melissa and Marley:





Last, the birthday girl and her sweet mommy!



0 thoughts: